Block Breaker: Pixel Greats first level

Hey everyone! So here’s what the first level to my Block Breaker game looks like:

So, If you couldn’t tell from the title of this post and the picture, The first level is Pac-Man, and the theme behind the game is great pixel art characters. The background is Easter Eggs because the game is just a bunch of Easter Eggs of great characters. Then again, thinking it over, I guess they don’t really count as Easter Eggs if they’re the entire premise of the game. Oh well, to late to come up with a new theme now. Let me know what you guys think, and if they’s anything I can do to improve it. Like adding an outline. No idea how to do it, but I think it would definitely make the actual game distinguishable from the background.

2 Likes

Well, I would suggest on practicing a bit of pixel art first and you could make a nifty background to fit the theme, but otherwise great job on your first level! The background should contrast the ball and the paddle and the blocks, so that it’s easy to see what’s going on, for color palettes, just goolgle dat stuff :smiley:

I would make the ball and the paddle pop a bit more than the background and the pac-man, because it might be easy to lose track of it with such strong saturated colors :slight_smile:

Anyway, good luck on your game dev journey! Hope to see new stuff from you in the future! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!:grin: I was worried that you couldn’t tell the difference between the background and the paddle/ball, so I’ll definitely work on that. Maybe I’ll pick up the pixel art course once I finish the 2D Unity one to make better art. For now, I think I’ll focus on finishing the 2D Course to get better on making actual games.

Privacy & Terms