Block Breaker - Can you defeat the monkey?

I tried my best to create a fun game here with a bit of a challenge with the last level :slight_smile: If anyone manages to defeat the monkey in the jungle - let me know! I would also love to hear you guys highscores if you want to share them :smile:
Here is the link for my block breaker game: https://sharemygame.com/@ItsJenny453/jungle-breaker

And some screenshots if you are just interested in how it looks :wink: (The monkey you have to find yourselves though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Thanks for checking it out! :blush:

I uploaded the game half an hour ago and I have to be honest, up until this point I had never managed to play through it fully (And let me tell you, I played it a lot :sweat_smile: ) With 99% luck and 1% skill I managed to actually beat the game with a highscore of 12.540 (it says 12.507 because I had one block left when I took the screenshot :wink: )

So I guess my worries that I made an unbeatable game are now out of the window and I can fully tell you that you can enjoy it in its entirety :grin: Have fun!

1 Like

Liked the overall feel, but there’s an issue.

As you can see there’s a chance that the ball ends up in a loop of nothingness. There’s actually a very easy fix to this, some might say it’s cheating, but I found it as an elegant and incredibly simple solution.

Just rotate your side walls slightly, just a few degress can make the ball behave completely different, making it almost impossible to end in that sort of loops. Or you can code a solution which will be a lot harder, entirely up to you.

1 Like

Shoot! Yeah I had this issue a few times when I went into autoplay to see how the ball behaves but I thought I fixed it by adding some gravity. Thank you for letting me know :blush: I hope you were still able to enjoy it though :slight_smile: I have never made anything like this so I thought I just leave it for now, finish the course and if I feel like it then I can always come back and fix all the things I wasn’t able to do with the knowledge I have now :smile:

1 Like

Hi, I was trying to defeat the monkey level when I hit a showstopper bug. After a collision the ball bounced towards the top right corner and disappeared off screen. No “death” was registered so it left me stuck there. Nice monkey design, though. My score at that point was about 7700.

1 Like

Woah really? I kinda wanna give you a badge for that cause with all the times I have playtested the game this has never happened before :sweat_smile: But thank you so much for telling me! I didn’t even know that was a thing :smile:
Also thank you for playing - means a lot :blush:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms