Block Breaker added lives to player, but ball is not returning to paddle

Hi,
I am trying to give lives to the player for my block breaker game, when I die it takes a live away but the ball does not return back to the paddle. can someone help me with this? I would really appreciate it. my code is below:

using UnityEngine;
using UnityEngine.UI;

public class Ball : MonoBehaviour
{
//Configuration paremeters
[SerializeField] Paddle paddle1;
[SerializeField] float xPush = 2f; // this and the following is the paremeters of how high and how much to the side the ball starts after jump
[SerializeField] float yPush = 15f;
[SerializeField] AudioClip ballsounds; //this is for the audio purpose so it plays the sounds throughout the game different sounds per click
[SerializeField] float randomFactor = 0.2F; //this is to make ball bounce away from y and x axis so it moves away from the walls and towards the blocks

//the following code is connect lives to ball
public GameSession gs;

//following code is to connect loosecollider
public LooseCollider lc; 

// State
Vector2 paddleToBallVector;
bool hasStarted = false; //This code is to let system know to release ball after click on mouse 

//Cache component References 
AudioSource myAudioSource; //this is to add music and let it play in all screens 
Rigidbody2D myRigidBody2D;

void Start()
{
    paddleToBallVector = transform.position - paddle1.transform.position;  //this code is for the paddle to ball vector which is current position of ball with paddle position

myAudioSource = GetComponent<AudioSource>(); //this is telling system to go find the audio component and play it to play all different with only one code 
    myRigidBody2D = GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>();

}

// Update is called once per frame
void Update()
{
    if (!hasStarted) //This code is let system know that once we click the mouse it must released the ball 
    {
        LockBallToPaddle();
        LaunchOnMouseClick();
    }     
}

private void LaunchOnMouseClick()
{
   if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown(0))
    {
        hasStarted = true;  

//The followign code is to click on mouse and will allow for ball to jump off a little to the side and upwards. 
       myRigidBody2D.velocity = new Vector2(xPush, yPush); 
    }
} 

private void LockBallToPaddle()
{
    Vector2 paddlePos = new Vector2(paddle1.transform.position.x, paddle1.transform.position.y);
    transform.position = paddlePos + paddleToBallVector;
}
//the following code is to let system know when it collides with blocks it will make the music sound
private void OnCollisionEnter2D(Collision2D collision)
{

Vector2 velocityTweak = new Vector2(Random.Range(0f, randomFactor), Random.Range(0f, randomFactor)); 
 if (hasStarted)   //this code is to let system know that if the ball is in the paddle dont make the click music []this two brackets are arrays 
    {
        AudioClip Clip = ballsounds[UnityEngine.Random.Range(0, ballsounds.Length)];
       myAudioSource.PlayOneShot(Clip);
        myRigidBody2D.velocity += velocityTweak; 
    }

}

}

Privacy & Terms