Blender Programming Course

Blender is rapidly growing and on its way to becoming an industry standard. Already a lot of quality courses can be found on modeling, rigging, animation etc, but a true in-depth course on Blender programming is nowhere to be found!

The closest thing is Blender’s own Scripting for Artists course, but as the name suggests this is only an introduction that barely scratches the surface. I’m thinking more of the tutorials Chris Zurbrigg created for programming in Maya, only the Blender equivalent.

The course would be aimed at technical artists and programmers who pursue a professional career as a TD in Film/VFX/Games and see Blender as the future!

Potential subjects for the course:

• Intro to Python
  • Blender Python API
  • Creating your own Blender tools/scripts
  • Interface design for your tools
  • Add-ons: contribute to official Blender development
  • 3D Computer Graphics Theory

As much as I hate to be a downer, they are planning to go to a nodes based system so this would be a bit of a waste until that’s out.

Interesting, could you please elaborate because I don’t fully understand what you mean.

Do you mean they’re going to swap from using Python to using Node.js?? I thought the whole of blender was basically written in Python?

Privacy & Terms