Blender Painting and Bump map

Blender painted bricks, with bump map. Stone and concrete, GIMP created images with bump texture in blender.

The stones and bricks came to life for me with the application of bump texture. The concrete still needs something more.

I have also been doing some work on the siding.
The section with the window is larger planks of wood and each board has geometry. The uv is aligned so the shadow is only on the bottom of the board. The smaller planks are image texture on flat geometry with a bump map.

I am not sure that either is the final solution. I am excited to move on to the next lecture.

2 Likes

Here is a new piece I just completed for my farmhouse. There was one of these pumps beneath the kitchen window at my grandmother’s farmhouse. I first remember seeing it when I was about 8 years old, by that time it was only used to water some plants as the house had indoor plumbing before I was born. We were required to use it to “wash up” before coming in to eat. The water was very cold even on the hottest summer days so I know that it came from a very deep well.

The pump and bucket image textures were created in blender. I will need to see it in the farmhouse scene before finalizing the materials and image texture.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms