Blender mesh tank had rotation issues

I took Blender course too, so I just wanted to use that experience in this tank section, everything worked fine unless elevation came into picture, when @Ben explaining about barrel movement up and down and wanted to constrain the pitch movement up and down (up being +ve and down being -ve) using c++ clamp method, mine became roll instead of pitch and up became -ve and down became +ve, I couldn’t find a way to fix it, I reimported mesh by making rotation and scale (0,0,0) but doesn’t seem to be working, can somebody help?

I found the problem on my own, since no body answered I presume not all the people know how to fix the problem, when ever we create any mesh or collection of meshes, select all of them and rotate them 90d over Z axis, now apply location, rotation and scale which would set location and rotation to (0, 0, 0) and scale to (1,1,1), now while exporting keep default values and import them into Unreal, everything will be fine.

Note: This is only for Blender -> Unreal, not sure if the same works for Unity, you may try

Also if you wanted to work on Blender tank model in Unreal for this course instead of maya, please feel free to use my model, also make it better if you feel so…

Blender model for Unreal

Privacy & Terms