Blender Environment Final Render

Finally Finished this course, although I might add some more to the scene tomorrow, maybe some fog, it has been a good course I have learned a lot,

The sky background was actually a picture I took myself from the fields at the back of my house, it’s nothing special I don’ have much knowledge of photography, I just took it with my phone, it does the job though.

10 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks great. Fun that you implemented from your own surroundings into your render. I haven’t taken this course myself, but the reflection in the water looks a bit odd. I’ve seen it look clearer and more crisp on other renders. Maybe take a look at others and fiddle around with it a bit to get a more natural reflection.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought the reflection looked odd too, but Grants looks the same in the video so I just assumed it would be fine.

Here’s a screenshot of Grants, I agree it does look a bit odd though, but it’s same as the course reflection.

1 Like

Yeah, the reflection of the buildings are convincing enough. It’s just those lights that look weird to me, on Grant’s render as well. They are elongated and oval in an unflattering way. You did a great job and you followed the course on point, but it could be improved. Maybe somebody else with experience from this course could fill you in on the details.

1 Like

I actually know what caused it and could probably fix it, It’s the wave texture used on the water, because we put a high level of distortion on the texture so the reflections also get distorted, I believe that is what is causing it, as the reflections all looked normal before that point. The ocean modifier would probably look better as long as I tone down the waves and choppiness.

2 Likes

There we go, maybe give trying to fix it a shot and then post your results. If you find a solution im sure that other people will find this post very useful. Because I’ve seen this before, and yeah the reflection can definetly look better imo.

1 Like

This is with ocean modifier, I should probably tone down the choppiness a bit more, but as soon as I unplugged the wave texture the problem was fixed.

3 Likes

That immediately looks more visually appealing to me. What do you think? Yeah, less wavy would look good. Something in between your previous render and this one.

2 Likes

Yeah it looks much better without the wave texture, I just need to turn town the choppiness on the ocean modifier and that would make it much less wavy, I just put it together real quick to see if it looked better, I didn’t refine it, to be honest I think with all the lights in the houses the scene should probably be a night time scene.

2 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing, the reflection would probably be more suitable for a less lit up scene. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

2 Likes

I tried out 2 different renders, I don’t have much time today so can’t spend much time on it but I prefer the one without fog

4 Likes

I also prefer the one without fog. Very magical feeling and beautiful render. Good job!

3 Likes

Excellent job. I too prefer the one without the fog. Really allows the capture of the beautiful reflections!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms