Blender Donut complete!

I’m finding something ‘off’ about the donut though. If any off you people feel the same way, what do you think it is?

Also, feedback would be nice as usual!

4 Likes

The sparkles are too small.

Others on Discord said the same thing too along with the chocolate and the round sprinkles. Fixed that up and attempted to make the chocolate look better. Here’s the touched up version:

1 Like

Your dough is incredible good, but sprinkles still too small, I think.
And you need some reference. Now it’s just a donut.

I did the same Blender Guru in 2018.
My dough is bad (rubber :wink: look)
But bigger sprinkles and some on the desk.
Soft shadows (two big emissive light bars)

See also:

3 Likes

yeah, make those sprinkles thicc. They look like crayon trimmings right now. The dough is spot on, i couldn’t even make mine look like this, had to fake it by overcompensating with texture paint :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll make the proper full scene once I progress through the tutorial (making the coffee right now), but after seeing your sprinkles and the other donuts you’ve linked, mine do look very thin. Your scene looks good though. Who doesn’t like a good ol’ rubber donut? Having some scattered sprinkles does add an effect/extra dimension to the scene.

Any tips on the chocolate on my donut though? There’s just something not right about it. I’m tweaking the subsurface values but can’t really land on a good one.

You’re right about the sprinkles. Toooooo thin.

It may be up to lighting. Or roughness. Try the most basic stuff first. Good luck!

Privacy & Terms