Blender crashes when trying to open Shading tab, or I can´t see the colors

I´m currently in the “Sculpting a Cartoon Head” Turoriel at the point where the painting starts. My Blender Version was to old so I downloaded a newer one that had the option to paint in sculpt mode. The problem now is, that whenever I try to open the shade tab, Blender immediatelly crashes.
I tried the different Renderengines and the only one that doesn´t immediatelly crash Blender is Workbench, but even with it working, I can´t see the color in the Shading tab.
My Graphic driver has no new updates, I downloaded and tested several Blender Versions, but nothing worked and I just really don´t know what to do now.

1 Like

It sounds like your computer is not up to the minimum requirements to run Blender. Those can be found on their site and would be a good first thing to check.

1 Like

This is a recently added new feature, it can have some bugs …

Also, sculpting uses a lot of memory, and this new option is probably too.
Blender crashes are mostly occurring when you are out of RAM memory.

How many vertices, and faces does your model have?
And do you use subdivision modifiers, then will also increase the model massively.

1 Like

I did and according to the requirements it should be possible. It never showed any signs of being overworked with Blender either. When going into the Shading tab, it´s not like it freezes or anything, doesn´t even take a second but just immediatelly closes, like I ended Blender over the Task Manager.

I don´t use any modifiers besides mirror modifiers on the horns and eyes, and faces are like 450.000. I don´t know if that is a lot or not, it sound like a lot though the Tutor had a lot more on his Bust.

1 Like

That sounds like a bug then.
Try an older or LTS version of Blender.

1 Like

Probably a bug, yes. I downloaded Blender on my older PC now and he has no problem with it. I guess I´ll be sculpting there from now on. ^v^;

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms