Blender Collab: Year final “Christmas cards”

Uff, managed on time. Nothing spectacular, simple low poly card. Merry Christmas evryone!

10 Likes

MerryChristmas Everyone

Let’s all get better at Blender in the new year!

9 Likes

Thanks! I’ve actually been working on that as well.

8 Likes

Blue, very nice. Loving this. Just a led on a battery. Or Raspberry Pi with other fun?

1 Like

It’s actually an LED pool light. Remote control, multiple colors and patterns. Theoretically it’s waterproof so it could be used as an outdoor decoration.

1 Like

Amazing idea, pool light - if you have a pool :wink:
I’m exited about his idea.

I’m not sure what happens to PLA if it’s submerged for a long period of time… probably nothing good. But the electronics of the light are protected so it should be fine in rain or snow.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

You can vote for the three of the 10 entries!

I want to thank all participants for their entries to the end of year Christmas special. This will be the last challenge for this year. There will be no winner this time. Next year we will start a new thread of weekly Blender collab challenges.

Have fun, stay healthy.

2 Likes

Hello @Leon_V, I would like to invite you to think about a new weekly Blender Collab subject! As you were the last winner of the weekly challenge “Food”.

This will be the first one in 2021.

2 Likes

Thanks @FedPete. I’ve got a topic, so just let me know when the collab should start.

1 Like

No reason not to start it now, as we do not have to wait on the result of this one. imo.

2 Likes

As @NP5 suggested if you name the subject will create the first 2021.

I didn’t have time to do anything for this challenge, but I wanted to post, and wish everyone a Happy Holiday, and a safe and Happy New Year. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ok sure, thanks for the offer to create the post. I would like to choose the topic “Space Tourism”.

3 Likes

Oh, I wanted to vote for you too! I love the composition and all textures here. And colors are nice too! And Santa’s figure!

1 Like

:smiley: Thanks. I used the collab to experiment with making clothing and it did not go well! I had a base human I had been making previously. It is an area I really need to find out about and get to work for me. Despite several tutorials, my versions were not working. One thing that helped was oversizing the model, like ten times bigger that somewhere mentioned. Last closing days I dashed off the rest of the scene, frustrated. Hopefully, I have started the long learning curve to being able to clothe figures and pose them for a scene.

2 Likes

To @Blest and @mongmong, congratulations with those fine Christmas spirit illustrations. Both are very cultural and of high quality. If I had a printer I would have printed MongMong’s version it and send it to family and friends. But that’s my personal preference.

2 Likes

Space tourism

The first weekly collab for the year 2021 Space tourism. Have fun, try to learn new ways to do things and stay healthy.
Personally I’m focusing on Eevee and getting grip on materials nodes.

4 Likes

I love seeing all your entries and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
I really appreciate the community here and hope to be able to participate some more in the coming year.
Lots of love to all of you! <3

5 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad that you guys like it and best wishes to all of you : )

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms