Blend Tree and Jump Codes isn't working

Hi, I need help for my unity project about blend trees and jumping codes. I implemented a idle and walking blend tree and it’s works in preview, but when the scene is playing; only the idle animation plays and the player slides. For the jumping, I’ve tried multiple tutorials on jumping and for some reason all of them do not work on my project, so I deleted them all. I’m really don’t know want to do next or how to fix it?

Welcome to the community, @Yasmine_Benjamin

How did you implement the blend tree and jump? It will help us to see what you did - or maybe did not do.

I scrap that project and started a new one, so far I dealing with this issue

The warning is because you deleted the AnimatorandMovementScript.cs but it is still attached to a game object. The error is a Unity error and may fix itself if you restart Unity (or perhaps even if you remove the delete script reference from the game object)

i delete and copy paste but its still saying the same issue. ill try and restart it

it didnt work either

it also has this error but my code is correct
error5

What does the script look like?

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

public class Script : MonoBehaviour
{
PlayerInput PlayerInput;
CharacterController characterController;

Vector2 currentMovementInput;
Vector3 currentMovement;
bool isMovementPressed;

void Awake()
{
    PlayerInput = new PlayerInput();
    characterController = GetComponent<CharacterController>();

PlayerInput.CharacterControls.Move.started += context =>
    {

currentMovementInput = context.ReadValue<Vector2>();
        currentMovement.x = currentMovementInput.x;
        currentMovement.y = currentMovementInput.y;
        isMovementPressed = currentMovementInput.x != 0 || currentMovementInput.y != 0;
    };

}

// Start is called before the first frame update
void Start()
{

}

// Update is called once per frame
void Update()
{
    characterController.Move(currentMovement);
}

void OnEnable()
{
    PlayerInput.CharacterControls.Enable();
}

void OnDisable()
{
    PlayerInput.CharacterControls.Disable();
}

}

Is this in a file called AnimatorandMovementScript.cs? If so, that is the problem. This class is called Script. The class name must match the file name. Rename the class to AnimatorandMovementScript

give me a sec

got it. thank you, I’ll come to you when I need help again. Still a unity beginner

Were you able to solve this problem? :slight_smile:

See also:

No

Do you want to meet on discord or google meet? I feel like it’s better to show you my problem

Earlier you said you got it. What are you still having problems with?

I’ve restarting doing the project. I’m using a third person starter asset and updating it from there

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms