Blaster Boring - Final Level Preview

Blaster_Boring_Screenshot

After a few weeks of pushing, thinking and workaround-ing I’m grateful to say that all of my levels for Blaster Boring are complete!

I had to scrap some ideas on-the-fly because they were out of my immediate scope of knowledge to implement and I plan to use this game as a portfolio piece so I can become a full time game dev. Whether for a company or myself.

I’m hoping to share where I publish it soon and to see what everyone’s experiences are with the game!

3 Likes

Amazing job with your game, the scene is very nicely crafted with the details of the level layout as well as the lighting being on point. Hopefully you can go after your dreams of being a gamedev, it definitely will be nice to see what you create in the future!

1 Like

If you don’t mind, can I ask you where you drew the inspiration for this level from?

1 Like

Of course!

I got inspired to make this level since it was themed to be a mining operation within a planet. So given your mining spaceship is down there I figured some Spinning Excavator buckets and Blast Doors might be apt obstacles to see for digging and sealing off areas in the event of cave-ins just to name my initial thoughts.

1 Like

Thanks Christopher!

I’m aiming to get there day by day. Sometimes things move slower than I’d like but I’m learning to accept that more as I go forward in my journey.

I’ll get where I want to go in game dev soon!

1 Like

Sounds great, I’m wishing the best for you man, I to have similar aspirations with gamedev and sometimes it feels as if I’m at a standstill, I’m intrigued to see you future games!

1 Like

Amazing
I must say you have talent when it comes to designing levels

Wishing you the best of luck for your career ahead :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Ammar!

I’m glad to hear you like my level design. My game has gotten mixed reviews since uploading it and I’ve got a few plans for changes before closing the book on the game for good.

I’m gonna work hard to get there. My plan is to finish the 3D Game Dev course from GDTV, utilize those assets to expand my portfolio and market myself, and then follow some courses I’ve acquired to become a full time indie game dev!

1 Like

Don’t let the negative criticism stop you, just keep pursuing your goal and you’ll get there :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms