Black Wolf Finish

wolfview4

I went ahead with the mega challenge, and made a black wolf without looking through the future videos. Though to be fair, this model served another purpose as a token for one of my players, so I wanted to get it just right for her. I know the fur looks too straight in places, but to be honest I learned a lot about hair particles by doing this: how to paint weights, how to brush them, add particles. I just know that when I look back on this, I’ll recognize how I could have done even better.

And I also tried to rig it, to make an animated token, but for some reason the rig really wouldn’t take; even after it seemed I joined it, the pose didn’t make any of it move. Maybe it had to do with it starting from metaballs? But I swear I already made it into a rig. If anyone might know what’s wrong with what I’m doing, feel free to respond and help out!

5 Likes

Without more information, it is a guessing game. Maybe follow the lessons on rigging first?

• add the rig
  • match the position of the individual bones to the model one edit mode.
  • select the object and then the armature also and parenting with automatic weights.

Be sure you removed also the old weight painting info !! if you do It a second time.

3 Likes

I think it might have been the order I gotten wrong, yeah: doing the mesh then armature worked… mostly. It didn’t do automatic weights, even though I selected that: everything would have to be painted by hand. And from the few weight painting I’ve done with posing, it’s not looking too natural. Still, at least I know where I went wrong, and I can always return to smooth things over if I want to.

2 Likes

Nice looking black wolf. Great job. Have fun dude!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms