Black Background is not all black

When Mike sets his background color to black in World Properties, his entire scene goes black, including, it appears, the rest of his viewport beyond his Background plane also goes black. When I do the same thing (in 2.82) I still see the rest of the unpopulated world in the viewport. What’s happening? Is this a preference in some strange spot? I looked but didn’t see anything.

I’ve been wracking my brains trying to figure this one out and i honestly cant find the issue.
It looks like its a grid set up for the vertical but i cant for the life of me remember how it could have got there.

Can you upload the blend file here so i might take a look?

Here you go, @Marc_Carlyon .

Animated - Copy (2).blend (2.6 MB)

Thanks Mevanacek,

I’ve taken a look and honestly i have no idea how this has happened.
All instincts are telling me that the chequered display is because its lost the texture which is really odd as i cant see how.

Its a bit of a pain in the backside in previous versions to solve this but here we can create a new blender file and append like we did in the chess set section.

However this time

1. In a new blender file delete the lamp, camera and collection
  2. Append and go to the collections folder much like when we appended in our chess set but this time select all the collections
  3. Append and reset up the world background again.

Its an impressive issue as i’ve never encountered it before in blender and there is no google results as i am sure you are aware for it.

Keep an eye on it but i think for now as we cant trace where the issue occured it may well be a bug in blender.

Hope this helps and gets you going again

1 Like

My default file seems to work as expected, so it must just be something set weird in my Animated file. Thank you for taking a look at it!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms