Bite-Sized Blender to Unity Character Creator

Hello!

I’ve taken many of the Blender courses and I know there is a complex complete character modeling and animating course but what I’d love to see is a quick concise (Bite-Sized) course on how to create a very simple character (I’m talking like a boxed out character that’s it. No modeling or sculpting needed). How to set up bones and create maybe a simple walking animation and maybe one other simple one ( a punch or something).

Then if we could get shown how to correctly import this into Unity and get Unity to correctly use these animations.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who would have more fun creating their own character models rather than downloading assets, but I get frustrated at how complicated it seems to animate and import a character.

Thank you and I love the content!

There are 3 courses that might fit into what you are looking for:

• Low Poly Characters, Grant teaches how to create very simple boxy characters and to use the Rigify addon to create poses.
  • Blender Anime Character, this is far more complex than low poly, but it is great to learn how to model characters while thinking about topology for rigs.
  • Complete Blender Create 3.2, there’s a section called ‘Rigging and Animation’, in that section you’ll create a very basic character and a walking animation. That section lasts about 2 hours.

Privacy & Terms