Bishop for my Electronic themed chess set

Altough my bishop is very different than my pawn, to follow along i modelled my bishop first as well. This would be a “Variable Resistor” in terms of an electronic component. WDYT? How does it integrate with my pawns?

Bishops

Bishops and Pawns

The Design

8 Likes

An issue might be that the pawns should be smaller, as they are less important chess pieces. So you may have to decide whether your components are scaled relative to real life components, or to chess importance.

The idea is very good and coming on well.

1 Like

I agree. Besides that, I think it looks pretty cool and I love the idea. I notice that the tiles are made to look like digital chips, and that’s such a subtle idea it’s amazing anyone came up with it. Congrats!

I have a question. Is there a certain logic behind how you match piece roles with what they look like? As in, why does the pawn have that certain shape, and what makes the bishop a bishop, based on what it looks like? Or is there no relevance maybe?

@NP5 @Alexandra_Ispas Thanks for your valuable feedback. It indeed looks a bit to big. I first wanted to model all and afterwards tweak them for size, but i could not wait :smiley: so here is my Version 2. Instead of A 3X3 Pin Breadboard base, i modeled a 2x2 for my pawns.

@Alexandra_Ispas I actually based it somewhat on the shape. Like pawn is indeed simple squat model. My bishop is tall en slender. My Rook will be a big fat block (relay) (with some details ofcourse) and my horse will be a coil (resembling the mane of the horse :D). For king and queen i am still iterating on paper. To have an idea what i am talking about :laughing:

3 Likes

Wow that’ a lot of planning and calculating going into your chess pieces. Respect! I can’t wait to find out what the final chess board will look like. I’m sure it’s gonna be super impressive if you keep it up :star_struck:

Privacy & Terms