Bishop done

thanks alot
i used thre different collors red,green,blue
and just changed the strenght for each collor and also the lighing was really hard to do

its actually just a material not a texture
thats why it is reflecting the checkers so well

Ohhh, well you got it, and the lighting, spot on! :smile:

:slight_smile: Really not as fancy as the beautifully rendered one above, but here is my bishop design:

2 Likes

Hi,

The LP-bishop is finally completed with that notch on the top. Yay :+1:

I made a double slope notch (if that makes any sense :thinking: ). If you have trouble understanding I have left the cutting piece above the bishop.

The boolean modifier is a fantastic tool but I need to get used to it since it’s quite new :smiley:

Cheers !

Just finished my bishop!

Here is my cutter shape just for interest’s sake.
Bishop cutter

Hi Ruan,

Just an observation but you appear to have some flipped normals there on the bishop or possibly lost some faces?
Well done on getting this far but let me know if that becomes an issue for you and need you need assistance in correcting it :slight_smile:

Ah yes! I didn’t even notice the flipped normals! Thanks for catching that!

1 Like

Here is my low poly bishop. I wanted to stay more true to the reference image as opposed to what the instructor was doing. I think it turned out alright :slight_smile:

I cut it away with a donut :smiley:

I was not satisfied with the result of using boolean modifier, so at the end I modified bishops geometry and spliced hid head manually.

I made the cut out using first and then mirrored it with a modifier.
I also found that you have to remove the internal face after the mirroring for the boolean to work.

Here is my Bishop.

Hey all, here is mine :slight_smile:. Kept my cut pretty simple and added some extra detail around the neck of the piece so its a little higher poly than the tutorials but I like how it turned out.

This is my bishop. I wasnt keen on the design of the one in the images so I looked for a more appealing design and found this (plus its easier).

It also made it easier to fix the geometry and to keep all shapes with 4 vertices so that my faces flowed correctly.

1 Like

Nice work everyone, here’s mine

1 Like

I used what we learned about the Belzier curve to do mine! It unfortunately increased the amount of Tris by alot…:confused:

Here’s my Bishop. It has 404 Tris.

Below is my bishop.

BishopFinal

Privacy & Terms