Bishop done

Here is my finished Bishop.

2 Likes

One low poly bishop head doneski

2 Likes

Bishop with Slot

1 Like

Can not wait to see how this looks in the end. Thank you for the course!

2 Likes

I used A cylinder, it may be ruining low poly aesthetic but i like it!

1 Like

1 Like

This was such a pain. It took me an hour to figure this out.

IN CASE ANYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE…

Make sure your Normals are Outside.
Make sure you don’t have any doubles.
Make sure your Scale on both models are Positive.

It took me an hour to realize that at some point along the way, my Scale was -0.188 on X, Y, and Z, making the Boolean Difference Modifier not work properly. Instead, it acted more like Union.

1 Like

Im started cut with UV sphere :grin: then go to lecture)
problem #1 find optimal way to finish it

1 Like

Thank you for posting tips on what might be wrong with the model if it’s not working. Your bishop looks good! :+1:

Before making the cut, I had to reconcile myself with the fact I was making a low-poly model, but I wanted the rounded channel represented in the cut. I compromised by using a cylinder and dropping its verts to 5, making a pentagon. I made sure one of the edges was facing down, selected the face opposite that edge and translated it up along the Z+ and a little over along the X- to give me the angle I needed. I applied the Boolean and ended up with 294 tris, 8 tris shy of Michael’s 302.

3 Likes

Uploading… I went with a circle template for mine, solidified and extruded. It did give me a little trouble as it cut through the sphere at the top, so I had to replace that after the fact. I can see the wedge being a nice option, but I liked the curved look.

1 Like

Keeping triangles under 300!

1 Like

Bishop – i used a cylinder :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Accepted the challenge to keep it low poly. Got it down to 251 Tris. 133 Verts. 259 Faces.

Hi guys, this is my Bishop. I really love it, I’m enjoying this course every day more

1 Like

I have used blender some times before so i added some extra spice to my models

11 Likes

i know i didnt go for low poly on these but i have made low poly verions aswell

I’m really liking the colored glass texturing. Very nicely done. :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms