Bishop and the 3D cursor, and cursor depth issue

So In the course of doing this I noticed that my 3D cursor behaves a bit strangely. It does not actually attach to a face when I left click on an object.

So here I have just clicked on a face:

And when I rotate the view I find that the cursor is behind the object (The red mark indicates the face that was left-clicked on):

What I’ve come to realize is that whatever plane the 3D cursor is on, in perpendicular relation to the 3D view, when I clicked on a new location it will remain on that plane.

So if I am staring perfectly down the Y axis, whatever depth along the Y axis the cursor already had it will not change and I can only move it along the X/Z plane. If I rotate my view though so that I am looking down the X axis, then the cursor will only change position along the Y/Z plane.

I’m not sure what has caused this, any ideas?

Perhaps @Michael_Bridges can shed some light?

I managed to solve my own problem. During the video “74. Zoom To Mouse & Rotate Around Selection” while Michael has his preferences open I noticed that mine didn’t match. (I don’t remember altering this option, but it could have been a mis-click at some point on my part). I ticked the option back on and voila’.

This option right here was the culprit:

If that “Cursor Depth” option is unchecked it causes the behavior that I was seeing above.

Thanks to whoever ticked the solution, really helps us

No problem. I did the title tag out of habit, but I ticked the solution box once I noticed it. :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms