Better Organic Topology

I posted this to the Q&A on Udemy & figured I should post it here as well:

I’m very interested in seeing some best practices for controlling and arranging character topology.

Are yall planning on putting together a series for controlling topology on organic models (characters in particular) or perhaps do yall have recommendations for another course on it?

I’m a bit of a stickler for good topology, but am very bad at arranging things & would love to see some best practices in action for keeping things under control.

This does get covered in the human head in the complete blender course and also in the characters course we have we also do some low poly modelling which is only a step away from adding a modifier to make it high poly.

From the characters course and an extension of the learning with Julien Deville on Udemy you can probably learn what you need from those.

If you are feeling up to the challenge though it might be worth picking up the dinosaur course by the same person above as that helps with it too.

We will be adding some of what i learnt from there to the new content for example how to join edge loops of different vertices amounts.

hope this helps :slight_smile:

Oh cool. I haven’t gone through all of the Complete Blender Course yet. I’ll have to check out that section & Mr. Deville’s work. Anything that can help me work on my efficiency.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms