Better handling of degrees?

I think the problem with the turn in the video is that you are interpolating angles from something like -175 to 175 degrees. While these are only 10 degrees apart as angles, interpolating them as numbers gives the behaviour in the video. Might be best to just move all rotations after the glitch down by 360. Is there an easy way to do that or a better type of animation curve for these types of values?

Have you tried the thing from the guy from the place?

I gotta say, you’re going to get a better response when you include at least a context of what you’re asking.

Sorry, new user. I assumed the system would track the context as the post was made in the discussion area for a particular video. The video in question is Tune and Tweak for Argon assault. He records a fly through and on one corner the animation does an unnecessary 360 due to the problem I mentioned above.

1 Like

Hi,

Did you test the different interpolation settings in the animation?

Since we are using Euler angles and since Unity uses quaternions behind the scenes, issues with the conversion are more or less expected.

Unity - Manual: Using Animation Curves (Please scroll down to “Rotation Interpolation Types”.)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms