Best Fix for Tank Spawning Physics problem

The problem with the tank physics going crazy when spawning after hitting play on the menu.

Instead of changing the collision like Ben did, do this instead:

Ben didnt think of this one; simply by defaulting simulate physics to false, then adding a unnoticeable delay before enabling it, the tanks placed in the level spawn just fine. You could do this in c++ too ofcourse, but this is a simple blueprint solution.

2 Likes

This is great! Ben’s solution seems like a work around unless there is some other revelation in the lectures ahead

1 Like

The only problem was later in the section I ran into an issue with the AI tanks sometimes not being instructed to move by the AI controller. It was hard to pin point what spawn locations would cause this, but I fixed it by editing the tank body collision so that it did not overlap the track collisions; and for whatever reason this jolted the AI controller into working again for the cases of some tanks not being instructed to move. I posted about it and someone helped me narrow down the possible reasons it was bugging out. Though we never figured out why this actually fixed it.

Do you know how to set simulate physics within Tank.cpp? Should I just get a list of components via GetComponentsByClass and then filter by name and set it via there or is there an easier way?

Privacy & Terms