Ben's Unity3D C# course in linux

It seems that the course is geared to Windows and Mac, I was wondering if I took the course from a linux box (ubuntu) I would have trouble following the course, or if the unity3d development environment on a linux box is lacking or if I would have hard time following. Thanks.

Hi Frankie,

Unity for linux is an experimental version. We do not support it but I know that a few students successfully use it. You could try to follow our course with the linux version but we cannot guarantee that you will not encounter any problems.

Please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice in our official Discord chat.

Thanks Nina, it seems it would be better to develop on Windows. I was wondering how much RAM do I need, should I be able to do most of the development from a laptop, i.e. without gaming graphics cards. Thanks,

This link could be helpful: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/system-requirements.html

Regarding the RAM, how much RAM and VRAM do you have? 8GB “normal” RAM and a GPU with about 4GB dedicated RAM should be sufficient for this course.

The best would be to download Rick’s Zombie Runner project from GitHub. Open his project in Unity and click on the Play button. If the game runs smoothly, your laptop is good enough.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms