Bedroom, my first inside attempt

I wanted to recreate a drawing I did for a school book a while back, the thinking being there are sooo many things to try out in this scene. Glass windows, texture on the lamp, world lighting, applying a bump map to the carpet (not working so well yet), cloth for the bed (tomorrow), a bush outside, modelling a character and tying the whole thing together. Lots to do still, but having a ball.

17 Likes

Sunny and bright scene …

See 2023 Collab: Week 52 “Sun”

5 Likes

Thanks Pete, that was a bit of hit and miss trying to figure out the lighting.

3 Likes

Nice; even as it is, this looks like something straight out of a children’s show (I’m thinking St. Bear’s Dolls Hospital, haha!).

It’ll be interesting to see what character you have in mind for this.

3 Likes

Here’s the original pic, I want to keep it as close as possible with just a few tweaks here and there. It was done for a kiddie’s book so bright colours all the way.

6 Likes

Looking good so far, kept simple like that you could make it all an animation, cartoon.

4 Likes

That would be pretty cool - I still want to animate the last guy I did, I’m thinking an animation course would be a really good idea soon.

3 Likes

This is looking great!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Adding details here and there, I need to try out how cloth works for the pillow (it looks like putty at the moment) but it’s coming along. I’m amazed by the Glass BSDF, the glass of water on the bedside table really works and was so easy to do! Next up a cat - hopefully with fur…

6 Likes

Wow!! That’s beautiful!!! Awesome work!!!

3 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

An update, still a bit to do before I get to the characters. Fiddling with texturing and mapping, which is starting to make a bit more sense at last :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m loving how this is coming along, especially your current updates. :grinning:

4 Likes

Seeing these updates feels so good, I love how alive the room is starting to feel!

3 Likes

Thank you both! I’m having huge amounts of fun with this, I’m trying out so many new things so I’m trying to have as many different learning experiences as I can in the scene. Today I’m going to try give a cat fur, so we’ll see how that goes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really pleased with the sock, I finally figured out how to rotate a wave map on an object. Cat is roughed out and looking a bit plasticeney, but will take a while still for some details before I attempt the fur - but right now that’s it for 2023 :partying_face:
Happy New Year, everyone!

6 Likes

My first attempt at fur, which so far is a bit like an ice-cream headache :joy:
Tomorrow will be better, at least I know have a better understanding of what’s involved. Rise, Fluffy, rise!

2 Likes

Kitty is okayish for now, I’ll add him to the scene a bit later after I’ve rigged and posed him.
Hair! Shoo-wee… going to need a LOT of practise.

6 Likes

Looking awesome.
On the fur are you using the new fur geonodes or the old particles hair system or something else?

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms