Beautiful Strike Animation

2 Likes

The simulation looks good. But the ball is too small compared to the pins. Try to keep your models to real-world scale.

Ah! That’s right, I was having trouble figuring out why pins were just “scooting” vertical instead of falling horizontal. I experimented. Scaled the ball down thinking maybe the center of mass needed to be lower. That did not fix it, but I forgot to undo that scale. What worked was scaling everything up to a minimum of 1m. Apparently models too small don’t trigger appropriate physics. The lecture had pins around 1/5th of a meter, after scaling everything up and increasing gravity the pins fell better

1 Like

Ahh, I think I saw another render of yours where the ball scale looked right. So that explains it.

I don’t think you should need to scale everything up to create a good simulation. Did you try experimenting with the rigid body settings?

Yep! I was playing with the rigid body settings, surface responses and dynamics for a while. It’s all a blur now though, I’ll be practicing animation lot more, maybe I can recreate the problem and if so share what I learn about it.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms