Be the first to post for 'Your First Solo'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

To solve the password problem I used the && operator (see below Method/Function). However I prefer the way you have done it as less lines of code. :slight_smile:

private void CheckPassword(string input)
     {
         if (level == 1 && input == "Password1")
         {
             Terminal.WriteLine("Welcome to Amazon Jeff");
         }
         else if (level == 2 && input == "Password2")
         {
             Terminal.WriteLine("Welcome to Google Sundar");
         }
         else if (level == 3 && input == "Password3")
         {
             Terminal.WriteLine("Welcome to Microsoft Bill");
         }
         else
         {
             Terminal.WriteLine("Incorrect Password Entered !!");
         }
     }

After I deleted the Library folder, when I reopened Unity I had to recreate the Scene, because it said it was an untitled scene. I had everything closed before I did that, so I’m not sure why it happened, just wanted to warn you for when you’re recommending to people that they delete that folder.

I used the same approach (checking level && input three times) - and found it necessary to insert another method to get the password input - and also had to check when each level and password input did not match… I knew there must be simpler solution!

1 Like

I had a similar issue on windows. There were two fixes:

1. Restore the library folder from Recycle or
  2. Open the script and it asked to fix my code due to inconsistencies. Letting the automatic fix happened seemed to fix it.

on the right track

Lol, I was like (after 3 hours) I need to continue with this. I felt like I kept getting so close, but was actually over complicating it and trying to create extra methods. It was surely worth the time though, I was getting some interesting results and debugging a lot of things to see when and where things were happening. I came really far from where and what it looked like after the first half hour. I also had to incorporate that handy clear screen because I have too much text going on, but it flows much better when for me with freeing up that space.

When I continued and saw how simple it was when you had implemented it, I was just like, looll ::face palm:: I am glad I spent the time trying though :smiley:

I really like this section of the course, but I think I got a little carried away, before I knew, I had created (or completed) a basic version of the game… :slight_smile:

For those interested, my version of the Terminal Hacker game, is up on github at Terminal Hacker Github Link.

Any feedback is very welcome.

Hi, i used exact the same thing as you! Nice!
Regards!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms