Be the first to post for 'Tweaking AI Behaviour'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Currently @sampattuzzi only has one NPC in the scene.
I had lots of fun trying to figure out why my two guards are suddenly into workplace relationships.
I think i know why and how to fix it but going to jump back and apply this to my side project and see what the next lectures bring :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess there needs to be a filter for what type of actor you can sense. Makes sense if every man is out for himself.

1 Like

I’ll probably revise the AI as well but i seem to remember us turning on check boxes in the detection stage so the possiblity is there to do it that way or even seperately.
I would like to extend the AI system myself as its a bit ind epth for this course in the sense of that the guards communicate with one another.

Guard A detects an Enemy.
Guard B does not but is in range of Guard A so gets the location from Guard B
Both guards move to Player/Last known location.

We will see how far i get with this in later stages :smiley:

1 Like

Oh that’s a good one. There is an AI pack in the unreal marketplace that has this functionality. I’m going to try doing this myself as well, then comparing with that pack implementation.

is there an easy fix to stop the npc’s from conficting with each other? edit - nevermind, i probably should watch the next videos before trying to find out stuff about the previous ones

Privacy & Terms