Be the first to post for 'TODOs And Bug Fixes'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

One more small issue for me. Sometimes ‘G’ doesn’t always switch between modes. I think this happens when the player has not completed moving but will investigate further later.

2 Likes

I did some more testing and found the root cause.
If you are holding left click down and moving then pressing G key does nothing and you remain in mouse mode. Although if you are not pressing the left mouse button but the character is moving then it will stop as soon as you press the G key.

Trying to figure out a fix.

1 Like

The main thing to check is that you have the Game window focused when you hit the key. Later we’ll either make switching automatic, or put it in an options menu.

My enemies are still sliding across the landscape after this lecture. I applied Max Friction into the material slot of the capsule collider as per the video. But when I run into my enemies now they still slide, just at slower rate. I even tired No Friction but am still experiencing the same issue. Can anyone suggest how to try debugging this next? or what part of a video I may have missed?

1 Like

Should probably also fix the slippery player bug. Try standing on a slope.

I am having the same issue. I can knock them over and make them roll around on the ground which is amusing.

Hello all,

An issue I am encountering is when the player moves towards a wall or object, he keeps running into it instead of stopping ("walk move stop radius" is only being applied on the ground with a value of 0.2). Any hints? Thank you. ![PlayerDoesNotStop|690x193](upload://jY5tUEIcH1dCWzWwKD2Id3a3MFo.jpg)![WalkMoveStopRadius|662x186](upload://7FbNAHFPlg1D6jCa1IkVDQfBiK3.jpg)

This issue will be fixed later.

ah ok, thanks.

I have a strange problem, which I can replicate like this:

1. Start Game and move to a point with mouse click.
  2. Press “G” to toggle to direct movement (gamepad).
  3. Move with gamepad to a new location.
  4. Press “G” to goggle back to mouse movement.
  • Without any input, the player will then run back to the previous mouse move position (from 1).

Is this a bug which will be dealt with later, or have I made a mistake?

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, it’s a bug covered in a following video!

Privacy & Terms