Be the first to post for 'Study Of The Head'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

4 Likes

Experimenting with some different techniques. Not sure if it is really working. I like the path tool. You can get some some really good curves and lines. I’m still learning.

3 Likes

Head One
Head_1
Head Two
Head_2
Head Three
Head_3

I’m not sure which one is right… Head_3 follows proportions per the video (eyes at four, nose at three, mouth at two, ears from eyebrows to nose, etc), Head_1 follows proportions per a scale I found on the internet, but both look like the forehead is huge (so I covered it with hair)… Head_2 has the least forehead (with eyes at five) but seems like a really long face…

2 Likes

Head

StudyOfTheHead

Head%20Front

I couldn’t resist to add some occlusion lighting to the head. I’ve drawn alternative eyes, I like them better.
Personally the front and side view, could be from different persons.

1 Like

man_side_viewfront_face

3 Likes

Head%20Front

headSide
headFront

Heads

1 Like

ChallengeHead

Wiesiek’ study of the head
g%C5%82owa%20profil1
g%C5%82owa%20profil%202
g%C5%82owa%20profil%203
g%C5%82owa%20profil%204
g%C5%82owa%20profil%205
g%C5%82owa%20front%201
g%C5%82owa%20front%202
g%C5%82owa%20front%203
g%C5%82owa%20front%204
g%C5%82owa%20front%205
g%C5%82owa%20front%206

Head

This is really hard, much more than the body!
I tried following the lines of proportions but always ended up with a strange feel with the result. I went more intuitively for the front profile and i’m happier with the result.

Head

I did a study according to Andrew Loomis’s suggested proportions. They are a bit more complex, but for me it feels more accurate.
86-Study Head-Loomis

This is my study acording to the proportions suggested by the course:
86-Study Head-Course

Privacy & Terms