Be the first to post for 'Slowly Extracting WeaponSystem'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Hey @ben and @Rick_Davidson in my RPG I need a more sophisticated AI system, and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on assets to get? Either for free or paid is fine.

Hello there,

I have a slightly odd behaviour after adding a weapon through the weaponsystem to one of my enemies.

For testing I used the good old hoe but it shrank to 1/4th of its size and is now looking like a small toothpick.
Other characters of mine have it at its normal size …

any ideas what might cause this?
Inspector shows that all the items are at a scale of 1.

this is how it sadly looks like

this is how it should look like

both models are made in the same way just being colored differently

Any nudge on how this can happen would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Sadly i have hit a bug and i dont even know where it occured or how to fix it.
Each time i try to do the weapon switch it changes it to a enemies hand not the player

Its as if its choosing the first thing in the list of objects that has a dominant hand on it not the object that ran over the trigger.

Any help would be appreciated

EDIT :- This is a bug that ben has created but did not experience by good fortune.
Findobjectbytype searches the heirarchy but it doesnt do it in any specific order so ben only having one enemy it picked the player by good fortune.
Me having 50 enemies it was placing the weapon on any one of those 50 enemies or maybe the player at some point but i wasnt willing to sit there and test though that many chances.

Thanks to Grasswhopper for figuring it out and the numerous people helpnig out trying to find a solution with only a fraction of the course done. Vailant work guys :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms