Be the first to post for 'Section 3 Wrap Up'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Hello. This was a nice short course. I learned a fair bit about height and normal maps, as well as some UV mapping techniques. Also, dealing with rotations on imports was helpful.

However, my primary reason for taking the course was to try to get my unity imports to look just like they did in blender. Early on in this course, it was explained that they won’t import in that way, so don’t bother setting up the final look of objects in blender. I’m mostly thinking of shiny textures, like metal or glass, but also things like hair particles (I can’t seem to find anything built into unity to emit hairs).

So my feedback is, and perhaps it’s outside the scope of this course, learning how to set up reflective, transparent, or cloth like materials in unity, as well as somehow using hair in unity would be beneficial for me. I think I read you guys are planning on expanding the course. If so, will these kinda of topics be covered? Or are they covered in another course from you?

Hi Bast, thanks for your feedback. This material is most likely to be part of this idea over on our voting forum, give it some support…

http://help.gamedev.tv/forums/356757-content-suggestions/suggestions/13310154-advanced-shader-programming-rendering

Privacy & Terms