Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hi all! Just started the course today. I’m Ben from Australia, aspiring game developer and Arduino hardware hacker hobbyist and I can’t wait to see what we all do with Unreal. Hope to speak with some fellow programmers throughout this course.

1 Like

Hi Im Emerson Grisi, I’m from Brazil and I would love to be able to create my own games and practice C++ programming in such a fun way like proposed by this course. It’s also a great way for me to practice my english. :grinning: I look forward to learn and contribute with other students here.
All the best, and happy coding to you all! :grin:

1 Like

Hi, I’m Elisabeth from Denmark…I have never coded before so I’m really excited to start on this learning journey!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Knightfury from the internet (Aniketh from India). 'm also taking the Blender creator course and been loving them challanges. Hopefully by the end of these two courses I can make something enjoyable.

2 Likes

Hello all! My name is Phillip Stephens. I am from Oklahoma and work for a University. I love the layout and the content of the course so far. I am super excited to polish up my C++ programming skills and making some cool stuff. As I also work as a computer technician, I hope I can either provide some helpful assistance or learn some great things from all of you! Happy Coding!

2 Likes

Same here Mr. Woody! The biggest threat to this dream becoming a reality was learning code, more specifically C++. I’m hoping this is the answer to my prayers and I can start developing games in the near future! Good luck to us both!

2 Likes

Greetings from NY! I’m Rasheed Lindsey and I just graduated with my bachelors for Information Technology Management. Although I have this degree, my lifelong passion is to develop games. I’ve been playing video games since I was six, but I was 10 when I made the adamant decision to make video games. I learned that it wasn’t going to be easy, and the biggest threat to this becoming a reality was learning to code. Coincidentally enough I had to take a mandatory C++ course and I struggled…hard! Mainly because I couldn’t grasp the language through immediate application as the tasks were very menial and tedious with very little explanations. Made worse by the lack of professor interaction and assistance. I’m ready, willing and able to take this course in an attempt to come closer to realizing my dream. This could also help me land an IT position somewhere as well so it’s a huge WIN-WIN! Good luck everyone! :smiley:

2 Likes

@Ruination Good luck to you too RL! The explanation is darn good and you’ll find plenty of help from this community. Happy coding.

1 Like

Hi I’m Flok from Hungary. I’m working in a game dev studio since 2015 in business, commerce and business administration field. I learn coding in my spare time, it all started as a hobby but now taking it more seriously. I’m looking forward to make my own ideas in UE4 using C++.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Adam and I am an IT engineer with 12 years of experience. I did a bit of coding here and there, but I was mostly busy with other areas of this broad discipline.

I’ve recently did a small project in PHP while I am in between jobs, and now I would like to try myself as a programmer. So first I would like to see if I can successfully complete this course as video games are my number one passion since I was a kid. Second, if this works out, I can continue to deepen my knowledge and maybe I can find a programming job where I can support my family while at the same time I can contribute something which I have a passion for :).

I wish all of us to find what we seek here!
Adam

2 Likes

Hi Flok! I am from Hungary too, good luck with the course! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello!
I just started with this course, and I feel so excited.
I was wondering if anyone wants to join a “student group” for this course, send me a pm - maybe we can create a skype/discord channel and support on another throughout this course.

1 Like

Hi all, just started this course as a complete newbie to coding but am finding it laid out so well so far that I have great hopes for it. I’m a composer and plan on integrating audio to games using Wwise and FMod but would like a base knowledge in Unreal first.

Maria that discord idea is a good idea if there’s enough people wanting to join it.

2 Likes

Alright, I created a Discord channel https://discord.gg/HArUUcW
Hopefully, many people will join in to make it useful/fun. For those of you who don’t know what discord is: it is a chat, where we can create multiple channels for different topics. The user accounts can be anonymous or public, that will be up to you. But, I will be modding to make sure the chat remains with an honest/moral environment. You can download the app(desktop/mobile), or just join via your browser.

Let’s have fun, motivate and help one another!

1 Like

Howdy all - just dropping a quick note

Hello everyone. Names Ken. I live in the Southwestern Missouri area, served in the U.S. Army for a short stint, tried college a few times and am trying once more to better myself. I have wanted to make games since I was about five, and continue to do so to this day. Here’s hoping I can learn to realize those dreams with Unreal Engine and make something cool.

Saying hi cause I went to college for computer programming, computer hardware repair (I regret never taking the A+ certification test), computer networking (just intro courses), and later on Graphic Design. I noticed you are into fine art, whats your preferred medium? I always preferred graphite and charcoal, though I do enjoy some rough sculpture, acrylic and oil painting, and my previous so-expensive-the-wife-nixxed-it hobby of Warhammer 40K.

I don’t blame her though, I was… well we have all seen that meme where the guy is being super frugal with all the necessities and just throws money at (insert hobby here) like he is at a gentlemen’s club making it rain.

Anyways, If you are looking for someone to bounce ideas off of, or give a constructive critique of something, let me know. Looking forward to seeing your projects on here.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Steph and I’m from Michigan although currently I’m living in Germany. I haven’t taken any university courses because, well, I need to graduate from high school. One month left! I’m planning on studying computer engineering ultimately to delve into cyber security, but programming and making games/art is a hobby of mine and I hope to learn a lot from this course.

If anybody else shares these interests and/or still in high school or starting university, say hi!

Hi all!

My name is Addie and im currently in western NY. Two years ago I finished my MS and have BSs in Physics, Math, and Astronomy. So far the only coding experience I have has been in Matlab.

I have always been a big game nerd and was always captivated by how their different mechanics and systems worked on the inside. I am very excited to learn throughout this course, and my overall goal is to bridge my career over into the gaming industry one day.

Hi, All.
I am from Middle Tennessee and currently work as a supervisor in a contact center. I have a BS in physics with a concentration on mathematics and research. I took two semesters of C++ in college, as well a scientific modeling using MATLAB. I have been a gamer for most of my life, and love writing stories. I am currently (read finally) working on a novel for publishing, and I am an avid 3D modeler. I am hoping to parlay all of these abilities into a nice little career in indie game development. Look forward to speaking with you all, and helping each other out as we move forward with this process!

Privacy & Terms