Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hi my name is Jeffrey.

I live in the Netherlands and currently studying web development via a dutch website.

C++ is in there for me to learn, so i came across this cool course an naturally as i like video games very much i have to take this and learn C++ here cause its super cool.

I hope to discover if i would love to do programming for games more than making website, ^^ i think i do, but we’ll see.

greetz
Jeffrey

Hey there, my name is Alex and I’m from Moscow, Russia)

I am a working developer of web applications and I always had a passion for game development and design. I used to make small game projects in Adobe Flash when I was in highschool, after that I used to work with HTML5 game engines like Phaser.

In this course I saw a great opportunity to learn new programming language and dive into game development hard-core mode)

Hi there,
my name is Manuel, I am from near Munich, Germany.
Experienced JavaWebDevelopper with a passion for gaming.

I’d like to code games for a hobby - so, here I go

I had this problem. What i did to resolve the problem was
1-uninstall all VS installed.
2-Install the latest version of unreal
3-Download VS 2017
4-When selecting the VS2017 option before install I noticed that i had a windows 10 SDK (10.0.15063) that was not in the video. I leaved it checked and also checked the windows 10 SDK (10.0.14393.0) like in the video. (see image)
And everything was good after that.

HI there,

My name is Denisa and I’m from the Czech Republic. Anyhow my interest is in 3D animation/Character creation and I wanted to learn the whole process of game creation to improve my overall skills. Also, I’m a big fan of video games so it’s always great to mix fun while learning.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Maria, I’m from Moscow, Russia. I’m really fond of computers, videogames and programming, but it was boring to teach myself C++ coding in an usual way: books, online courses, etc. Then I’ve found UE4 (bless Epics) and decided to make games using cpp. :slight_smile: There was an entry about this course in UE blog. I checked this course and some reviews… People were really excited! So here I am, starting this (I hope) amazing challenge.

Gamedev is such a massive variety of different occupations, and I wish I could cover some of them like 3D modelling, character and level design, becides my favorite programming, because I also like drawing and sculpting. All around artist, you know :smile:

Thank you for this course, Ben :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi my name is Juan Pablo, I am from Mexico, for those who are native speakers from any other part of the world but spanish countries you can call me John. I´m currently studing a Bachelor´s degree the university calls it Animation but it´s graphic simulation, so no, nothing like pixar or cartoon newtork. I really hope this course takes me to “Hero” level

2 Likes

Hey, my name is Les Barna, I am from Toronto Ontario Canada. I have tinkered and worked on a few games in my day doing Alpha and Beta stuff but I really am getting bored of the same old stuff and decided to not only challenge myself learning how to start properly coding games but also I am looking to learn new mediums of expression and thought UDK and C++ could be a good stepping stone to new abilities. Currently I do a lot of drawing and illustration for fun and to pass the time, while experimenting with what comes out of my brain I have come up with some pretty interesting ideas for levels and creatures. Looking forward to learning something new and getting to know all of you a little better. Hope your day is going well and talk to you soon!

Hi, my name is Gregg from Bristol, UK. I have been gaming on the PC since I was 6 and would like a behind the scenes look into how games are made but mainly programmed. I have some basic knowledge of programming; C# and Java but would like to get stuck into C++ and thought the best way would be through this course. I look forward to getting stuck in and being a part of this community.

Hey, my name is Ian from America! Currently majoring in Computer Science. Love computers and looking to learn C++!

Hi my name is Anthony and i’m from france

I’m a C# developper in Luxembourg
Before that i was a JAVA developper

I was pationnate about video games and because i’m already a developper, I thought that the next step is learning to create One
So I dive in the UE4 course and here I am

Nice to meet you all and really enjoy to know people with the same passion as me :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m Diego Bolaños, I am here to learn everything I can from this course to be able to create a video game.

Hope it will be fun.

Best regards to everyone!

1 Like

Hey, my name is Austin and i was born in the US but moved to Canada after me and my wife decided to get married. I’ve been gaming since before i could even talk and decided i want to make my own game. Ive always had so many ideas and stories in my head, and i want people to be able to experience those stories and see the worlds that only I’ve gotten to experience so far.

Hi, My name is Saul. I am looking for a better understanding of the game development process. I also wish to brush up on my C++. I look forward to this course and hope it will be rewarding experience.

Hello,
My name is Sean and I am a software engineer in Sydney. C++ is a language I never learned and I always wanted to work on building games.
Looking forward to the rest of the course :slight_smile:

Hi,
I’m Marshall. I’ve been dickering around with various programs trying to get a feel for which I’d like to learn first. This looks to be the one.
I learned the basics of C in high school back in the 90s, but I’ve not really touched it since then. Lately I’ve been searching for a good program to teach myself. This course has the structure that I need, and hopefully, with it’s assistance, I’ll finally knock this off my bucket list.

Hi i’m David, from Spain. I’m graduate in mechanical engineering with a huge passion for gaming and real time enviroment content creation. So far I have become 3ds Max advanced user but I’ve always had the interest (and need) to learn to code in C++ and never had the chance to look through it. Now it’s the time.

BTW @Konstain, where are you from?

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m Luke from Houston and just wanted to give a quick introduction. I’m completely new to unreal engine or any sort of game development software. Looking forward to meet people here or anyone from Houston area just to make friends as I plan on making this my career.

Hey,
I’m Lefteris and I’m from Greece. I am about to be a senior in College in the states and i’m studying business. I’ve always had an interest for coding and have always been a very intense gamer across all platforms, just the idea of being able to create your own game from scratch is so awesome. I’ve tried learning before about coding and game development but this is the first time I’ve decided to stick with one thing. So I guess we’ll see where it takes me. Hope you guys enjoy the course.

Hi, I’m Charlotte, I’m from Sydney, Australia. I currently work as a web developer using mostly javascript these days. I’d like to one day work on games though so this is me getting my start.

Privacy & Terms