Be the first to post for 'Renaming & Moving CPP'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

wouldnt it be easier to parent the firstpersoncharacter blueprint to anything else in the editor as a place holder. then we can easily just rename testinggroundcharacter class, fix the directories then then just compile and replace the useless parent we used as a placeholder. Copying .h and .cpp onto our desktop and constantly regenerating seems very finicky.

I done what i said and its almost as easy as renaming a class thats not parenting a blueprint. just some redirectory changes and only 1 regeneration of visual studio needed. all classes could probably be done at once but im probably just gonna watch the next video to see if i havent messed up.

ok doing it the way i did, it deletes the references to all the assets. so i had to reapply the gun mesh, arms mesh, arm mesh animation BP, gun sound, gun animation and link the projectile blueprint. pretty quick to fix if you know were these properties are. i was trying to figure out why the projectile werent spawning, once i got the ball to spawn, I realised I had to set all the other properties too.

In the end, I prefer sams method. I would do it my way if the blueprint in question doesnt have much going on in it.

Privacy & Terms