Be the first to post for 'Reading Blackboard Data in C++'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

@ben Must admit this was a bit of a challenge, but I like that you didn’t give any slides. It makes it all the better when you’re finally able to figure it out. It makes a bit harder and you have to reason about for yourself what to do just a bit more.

For example, at first I was trying to do BlackboardComp->GetBlackboardAsset... and go from there and I was seeing that there was no GetValueAsInt method, so I was sure that was wrong.

So just went BlackboardComp->GetValueAsInt(), but then saw that it wanted an FName. I remembered that it’s horrible to refer to things by a hard string literal in code so going off the protected variable we exposed, just plopped that in and knew that it had to have some method to return a name.

It took me longer to reason than I would have liked, but with these kinds of challenges, you definitely learn more by making a mistake or two and going from there.

Awesome, so you managed it in the end?

@ben Yes sir! Took me about 20 minutes to figure out though and I was pushing myself to not watch the solution. haha

1 Like

Privacy & Terms