Be the first to post for 'Presence Through Use Of Value'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

From the original art I selected any large black line selected shrink by 5 pixels and later deleted that. That ended up with the beginning line art to start with.

Another way to make art. I’m surprised how quick the process was.

3 Likes

Value_Shading_running

1 Like

Great technique! Good experimentation.

1 Like

Figured nearly every game I have ever played has some sort of running animation, so I hammered out another running sketch this morning to use for this one. Feel like the tablet really came in handy for getting to fAO values

2 Likes

I feel like I need more practice with the sketching and scaling, so I also went with a running from the side sketch. I think I overdid it on the shading a bit, but thats what more and more practice is for.

Just some dude leaping with a battle axe!

Watched the rest of the video to realise I’ve got the lighting completely wrong, but ah well, I think it’s not a bad early attempt!

ValueSquirrel
I actually preferred the hard edge look of the pencil tool for the shading rather than the airbrush tool.

4 Likes

Pose

4 Likes

Added a six-pack for my ninja. Did some clean-up of the lines. I used the airbrush, placed some dots. Then working with the smudge tool. Sharp edges or fades.

I updated the picture, by adding a shadow on the floor because it receives also occlusion.

3 Likes

A little subtle shading goes a long way. I feel like the shading on my banana-butt gave it more depth and makes it look like a 3D image:

1 Like

Just went the easy/fast way… but still, didn’t think that adding a little bit of shadow makes such a big difference. Especially the arms look good imo

ambient_shadowing

I love the girl with the ball! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wiesiek’s cyclist:
poza%20kolarzaFAO

been working on some assets for a game jam my friend and I are making together. I’m designing the player character along with the course! Here is what I have just after I finished this lession:

Privacy & Terms