Be the first to post for 'Presence Through Use Of Value'!

gmp_s04_presence_through_use_of_value

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

From the original art I selected any large black line selected shrink by 5 pixels and later deleted that. That ended up with the beginning line art to start with.

Another way to make art. I’m surprised how quick the process was.

Value_Shading_running

Great technique! Good experimentation.

Figured nearly every game I have ever played has some sort of running animation, so I hammered out another running sketch this morning to use for this one. Feel like the tablet really came in handy for getting to fAO values

I feel like I need more practice with the sketching and scaling, so I also went with a running from the side sketch. I think I overdid it on the shading a bit, but thats what more and more practice is for.

Just some dude leaping with a battle axe!

Watched the rest of the video to realise I’ve got the lighting completely wrong, but ah well, I think it’s not a bad early attempt!

ValueSquirrel
I actually preferred the hard edge look of the pencil tool for the shading rather than the airbrush tool.

Pose

Added a six-pack for my ninja. Did some clean-up of the lines. I used the airbrush, placed some dots. Then working with the smudge tool. Sharp edges or fades.

I updated the picture, by adding a shadow on the floor because it receives also occlusion.

A little subtle shading goes a long way. I feel like the shading on my banana-butt gave it more depth and makes it look like a 3D image:

Just went the easy/fast way… but still, didn’t think that adding a little bit of shadow makes such a big difference. Especially the arms look good imo

I love the girl with the ball! :slight_smile: