Be the first to post for 'OnTargetPerceptionUpdated Event'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

I was asked to update to 4.13.1 before starting this lesson and after adding the OnTargetPerceptionUpdated event, I am not getting a print statement in my output. The debugging works OK and I can see the sight radius, just not printing out for some reason?

I had that a couple of times then it started working again. Let’s assume it’s a 4.13.1 bug for now.

Let me know if it starts working again before 4.13.2, and if so once you know the reproduction steps report it to Unreal. You can also try clearing the derived files to see if this helps.

I rebuilt everything again from scratch using 4.13.1 and I am still not getting a log message on perception. However full disclosure here… I did skip the C++ conversion part. Is there anything that would have affected the first person character that I missed?

Quote possibly, any reason you skipped it?

I can’t seem to get this to print to the screen or log. After several attempts I found the toggles to sense friendly and neutral targets. still doesn’t print to screen but Steve and Harry report seeing each other just fine in the log. I was concerned that the issue was OnTargetPerceptionUpdate wasn’t working at all, but now believe it is, it’s just not reporting the player. Question is does it still see the player and print to screen/log is bugged, or does the AI not see the player at all? using version 14.14.3

@sampattuzzi can you shed some light on this?

Have you checked the tag filtering?

Privacy & Terms