Be the first to post for 'Onion Design'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Ethan is STOKED about his new world but he cannot wait for more content! (that’s what he thinks…soon he’ll be fighting for his life)

2 Likes

@Rick_Davidson I have to ask this: what app are you using for drawing the “onion”?

Nice work!

1 Like

@George_Rooney The answer is far less sexy than you might imagine! I’m using the default program, Sketchpad, that comes with Windows 10.

Thanks @Rick_Davidson

Its time…

(Video is unlisted as early access so didnt want people viewing outside of here :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

@Marc_Carlyon Nice work! I like the music, thats a nice touch, it really allows me to get into your theme and image the setting.

I created a tiny little village with two incredibly useful doorless houses, a block ready to fall and crush unsuspecting citizens at any moment and a ramp whose sole purpose is to make everybody bump their head into the town gate. :wink:
I ended up with using ProBuilder from the asset store, and I must say extruding is noticeably faster and more convenient than duplicating/resizing cubes.

1 Like

@Rilifaen , I like the rooftops and the monument piece you have. Simple but effective.

2 Likes

The scale is not very good, but that’s fine for now.

2 Likes

hmmm, i guess i went a bit overboard with the onion design document {though i must say, it was my favorite design document to make.}
it literally, helps you set your priorities right at least, it did help me, i can actually focus better, on what is it that i should be focusing on.

you may notice some things that are not regular, such as no combat, and 3 mentions of silent story telling, they were done on purpose, just thought i’d say so :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just wanted to share an observation I had about Onion Design in general. I see a lot of parallels with Onion Design and Test Driven Development.

You start with a thought, try it out until it passes or feels good, and then add the next test/layer making sure all the previous tests/layers still work/feel good.

About the only real difference is that Onion Design tests are subjective while TDD is more concrete/ mechanical in nature.

1 Like

Edit: So the idea is that the player needs to cross the bridge to get to the village, but there are enemies blocking his way.

1 Like

walk-run-setup

Privacy & Terms