Be the first to post for 'Offset Animations'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

I did notice that if you connect up the nodes a bit weirdly (I started off with the comparisons feeding into NOT operations and then later into a NAND that fed the center animation) it seems that the bool outputs occasionally display the wrong thing. I was driving three separate Blend poses by bool nodes, all blended together by regular blend nodes and controlling whether they output anything by the various booleans.

I.e. when the comparison should by rights have been true (enabling the down pose in my case) it was still reading “false”. I wonder if that’s a bug or just a self-protection mechanism in UE to stop bad node configurations doing weird things?

Do you have a screenshot? I find it hard to visualise.

Since I moved on I got rid of it and didn’t try to debug it further, but it was some abomination like the above that I’ve just put together again.

I think on re-examination probably the lack of a second pose on each of the blend pose nodes couldn’t work as they need a false pose. There are probably other fundamental flaws as well.

Privacy & Terms