Be the first to post for 'Modular Arithmetic & Cycles'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Just made getting the next point a function of the ThirdPersonBP

Here’s my solution.

@ben, your explanation in the previous thread I posted at definitely helped in understanding this section more! I’ve never really used modulus much before, but I can see how powerful they are now.

Ahh just saw the solution and we just pass it (index int) in to the next function. lol

This is my solution (without the % operator). Perhaps it’s more cost effective.
In my early years as an IT, we were used to avoid the modulo (%) operator because it was not the best effective.
Perhaps that’s still true ?

Good question. I favour clarity at first, then if and when the performance profiler tells us something is slow then focus our efforts there.

After using the profiler tools (next lesson), I was suprised to see that the cycle index function using the modulo method is faster than the other, with a branch node.

Rather suprised by the fact that a math operator runs faster than a simple “if” test in blueprint

This was a great and easy to understand lecture. I didn’t understand the % operator or why to use it at all. Now I finally do. <3

So glad :wink:

I think there’s no need to collapse this function three times :slight_smile:

Here is my solution (I haven`t used the modulo, I learned to reset the index instead of using the modulo):

here’s my horrible solution … I knew it wasn’t right, but it worked!

A bit late to the party, but here’s my solution. I did it in previous lecture before Ben mention the mod operator is going to be used.

Here’s my solution:

Privacy & Terms