Be the first to post for 'Making A Second Level'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Level 1, 2 and 3 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Level 2 completed :

Made a little puzzle with a ball blocking the path for the 2nd “Game Moment”.

11 Likes

I was about to start adding other features (Minus the reverse thrust i already added), Thankfully some new content came out in another course to prevent me going too far ahead :slight_smile:
Will be back to this in a couple of days :smiley:

8 Likes

My placeholder levels 1 and 2.

5 Likes

So as usual I went off on a tangent and forgot about the lessons for a bit. Below is a video of my first two levels, still very much work in progress though. Most sounds are placeholders, need to add more obstacles to both levels, and in level 2 I am going to add a shooting lava pillar mechanic to the “gap” in the ledges at the bottom (hence why I do’t just fly through it, it’s going to shoot a lava pillar up through the gap at intervals). Also have not gotten to the lesson on particles for the engine (though I do have a basic particle system for the little “lava embers”

I also added an a clamp to the camera so it wouldn’t show the edges of the level, and to help keep the rocket more centered during this time added a rotation to the camera. You can really tell this on level 2 at the beginning.

My whole premise is diving down into a giant volcano (going to remodel the ship to look more lander-ish)

I did a lot go Googling for some of the mechanics, and some I just winged and there are probably better ways to do things (which is why I should stop going off on my own before finishing the lessons)

Here are my first two levels

3 Likes

a level with a helicopter picking up a barrel of fuel and some radar animation

12 Likes

Many hours of tweaking and workarounds for the second level… but I think it paid off!

14 Likes

Not super pretty but I think it came out ok.

3 Likes

great job!

Will add som moving objects later I think. to make the levels more interesting. As we keep getting new options, I’m not sure how the levels will end up yet.

My first level is now level 2. And my new level is level 1

4 Likes

That’s actually pretty awesome!

Level 02

My level 2. I decided not to waste time now on the art work.

That is awesome. Mighty

Level 1 and 2
Sorry for the moving light, it’ll change later :smiley:

Privacy & Terms