Be the first to post for 'Level Design Beat Chart'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Here is my Level Design Beat Chart. I liked the points in the original chart, so I updated the text to align with the game I am creating for this course.

1 Like

Here’s the first iteration of my level design beat chart! To create the chart, I thought I would use some of the lessons I learned in the Gimp course (thanks to @Michael_Bridges)

Greetings all,

For what it’s worth. I went ahead an made a graphic to help me understand the beats in context of the flight path. I think the whole concept of the beats chart is very exciting. It feels very high level conceptual in putting together the winning parts of a level not loosing focus on the goal, which is to make it as enjoyable a ride for your players as possible. Great tool!

Jenn

Desolate Flight Beat Chart

Moment	Enviornment Discription		Possible Emotional Context
---------------------------------------------------------------------
0	Start
1	Easy Nav. Challange		I can do this.
2	1st Enemy			Is that a truck up ahead?
3	More difficult nav. challenge.	Don't hit, don't hit, don't hit...
4	2 Tanks				TANKS!!!!
5	Surprising nav. challenge.	Watch out!
6	Enemy Missle defence.		Frack! Get em' before they get me!
7	3 Enemy Gunships		Die invaders die!
8	Calm after a storm.		Where did they go, did we win?
9	Enemy defencive lines.		So many of them! (Battle cry)
10	Base Behind enemy lines. 	Explosions, missles, running troops sirens
11	Resolve to level win music.	I DID IT!!! (fireworks)
2 Likes

Here’s my beat chart. I originally wanted to do a WWII themed game, but I couldn’t find enough free asset packs. So instead, the enemies will just progress from WWI planes to WWII planes to ultimately an alien spaceship boss.

This is the beat chart of Jack the badass space hunter. Let me know about whatever you guys think about it.

Privacy & Terms