Be the first to post for 'Input Sensitivity & Gravity'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

ben why does gravity exist?

Hi Steve, I’m not sure if you’re asking why Unity wants to simulate the finite amount of time a joystick takes to return to centre… in which case I think I just answered it OR

If you’re playfully trolling me because you know I’d love to go-off one one about the physical equivalence of gravity and acceleration.

Either way, thanks for the message!

2 Likes

wells i was just pondering why objects attract to begin with and i got the most stunning of answers I only wished I could comprehend. But back to more practical coding It’d take alot of stuff I only wish i could master like you xD.

So yes the second one but I dont even get how gravity and acceleration are the same since, thats the kind of answer I was looking for but instead I got, this reunderstanding of the universe with a vaguely explained concept of space time, and objects moving in unaltered paths through time thus causing attraction somehow lool … from like basically just by looking at properties of strait paths.

I also have no knowledge of how energy is the same as mass this is new knowledge to me.

So while I didnt comepletly expect a thorough response I maybe had hoped for one. I’d love to answer it for someone if i could.

Hey Steve,

there’s no complete theory about why gravity exists :). We know a bit about how it works : it effectively looks as if any massive object will “bend” space time in 4 dimensions (there’s no clear explanation of WHY that bending occurs, a Nobel prize awaits. But suspicion is that it’s turtles all the way down.). There are standard models of physics that explain that mass is given to us by interactions between particles (implying that mass is just another form of energy), sometimes those interactions are broken and that energy is released in other forms (like in an atomic explosion, or a matter-antimatter interaction release “mass energy” as “electromagnetic energy” or high energy photons).

Surprisingly gravity is a “weak” force compared to electromagnetism, BUT electromagnetism tends to cancel out on large scales (because there is the same amount of positive and negative particles in space objects made of atoms), while gravity is all additive (lots of atoms results in lots of gravity). And while gravity seemingly dominates at the galactic scale, in the observable universe an unknown force causes distant galaxies to spread farther and farther away (something called dark energy because its origin is pretty mysterious).

Hope we haven’t veered too much off topic :).

1 Like

@ben how was energy created?

Deep question man!

1 Like

maybe since any formula would just set it equal to another thing, infinity itself makes energy

i guess you could then say infinity makes infinity . ehm. then again. Any sort of definition is making itself equal to something. Which also resembles the structure in that everything is connected ftw

Never ending connections making energy? alright time to lay off the subjectivity for a bit

1 Like

perhaps though while this question is infinitely long, I can find a better answer to it.

or answers

1 Like

Privacy & Terms