Be the first to post for 'Grip Scaler'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Yo Rick, I found another solution to the scaling problem ( Bought the same Synty assets myself so that led me to the same problem and I had not enough patience to wait a few videos, therefore had no idea you found a solution for it hehe). My solution was changing the WeaponSystem script: under the “PutWeaponInHand()” function, I changed the line " weaponObject = Instantiate(weaponPrefab, dominantHand.transform);" splitting it in 2 lines like this:
“weaponObject = Instantiate(weaponPrefab);”
"weaponObject.transform.SetParent(dominantHand.transform);"
Basically this allows me to instantiate the weapon prefab with its 1,1,1 scale and then apply it’s parent back to the dominantHand therefore making unity itself scale it up for me.Tought you could be interested in the solution I found. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this and sorry if you (or Ben) actually discovered a better way to deal with it in future videos.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms