Be the first to post for 'Creating Terrain'!

Here is the first level. I have huge plans for my game. More terrains and more cities. This is just the beginning. I love messing around and building levels. One Quest to start them all!

2 Likes

love your houses, well done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

This is so awesome!

1 Like

No Unity Terrain for me … because I’m focusing on low poly models :smiley:

edit : nicer with some decorations :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Here is the starting of mine. I am sure I will grow it over time.

And from the other side of the Valley.

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

I’m feeling like I might have gone off rails here. I’ve spent a little time developing my village and terrain and just feels off yet. I mean functionally, it’s good, but ascetically it’s off putting to me. Perhaps someone can offer insight. At this point I need to walk away from it for a while. lol. Hope you enjoy…

Jenn

It may be the snow on the smaller mountains but not on the bigger rocks to the right? Plus the flatness of the forground, perhaps?

1 Like

Very interesting level. I love the style :slight_smile:

1 Like

The start of my village. I saw some assets on the store that were perfect, so spent a little money…:

2 Likes

Brian well done,

I much prefer what you have built. I would be interested to know where you got your assets for your buildings and long house. Those are great. Well done.

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

Search for ‘iron age village’ and you should find it easy enough.

It was $20 and I had to do a little tweaking. For anything I used, I scaled it down to 0.6. Also the houses didn’t work with my fader as the roof doesn’t have a collider, and is made from several parts, so to keep it simple I made my own prefabs including fences to stop you going inside or out of sight.

Comes with a lot of nice miscellaneous assets too… Food, pottery, tools, stools, campfires, furs, hay etc… Everything you need to flesh out the village.

I found some assets that would fit the wasteland idea I am going for, but I haven’t had the chance to use them yet because they are modular. So, I decided to use the assets from the lecture as placeholders for now until I can get around to piecing together some new prefabs from the other assets.

1 Like

1 Like

My first area takes place in a very crowded (with buildings) city. Therefore, I could only do the buildings on the far side of the road. The ones up front got in the way. The only way I will be able to get that working, is if we make it so things in front of our character disappear.

2 Likes

The amount of activity in this thread is in direct correlation to how fun this lecture was (:

I also enjoyed it a lot, but didn’t put as much effort into it as others. Definitely looking forward to creating more epic-looking environments though!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms