Be the first to post for 'Control Interfaces'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Hi.

@Michael_Bridges

just thought I would mention that with the release of v2.79 the DPI setting has been renamed to “Scale” and moved to the Interface Tab. It may be worth annotating this change on this video.

I’ve recorded the process of resetting my User Preferences after upgrading to 2.79 so you can look to see if there are any other changes you want to note in other videos.

User Preference for Blender 2.79 this is a wmv file recorded with Pinnacle Studio’s Screen Capture utility

Cheers

Thanks

I have just updated the video, and am waiting for Udemy to process it :smiley:

2 Likes

Just for those who still use the older version (I’m still on v2.78), the original DPI setting is found under “System”. Sorry if this was already mentioned in the video, in that case I guess I missed it (you mention “System DPI” but I didn’t make the link).

hi

Alternatively, for those who are on a full-sized keyboard. Pressing Numpad . will make the camera zoom in on the selected object and orbit around it, and it will keep orbiting until you pan away from the object. I think this is much more versatile if you have a great many objects within a scene, and like to examine the whole scene before focusing on different objects, without having to undo your selection first.

Privacy & Terms