Be the first to post for 'Caging'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

The Cage Idea is great. Thanks.

2 Likes

Cage :

Refined :

4 Likes

This was extremely useful in making a more 3d character! My character didn’t end up being nearly as wide as the cage, but it helped my get the angle and depth correct.

7 Likes

I ended up drawing this as I am beginning to find the mouse a bit of a nightmare to work with. I’ve ordered a graphics pad which should be here soon however.

2 Likes

Caging

3 Likes

Character

2 Likes

I had fun doing this. First I started with the basic bone-structure. Then added proportions. From there first box sets. Then refining them. I didn’t use references, But I like free sketching.

OK, I added an hour of tweaking to my sportsman. Just for fun.

Feedback from family; “He’s thick” :joy:
(luckily, they see it as a man)

5 Likes

This is probably my last challenge i did for this particular section, as i gradually lost interest in this section.

Mainly because there are very few new tools/function in GIMP were introduced and we haven’t touched anything in the filter tab beside animation.

So here is my character with caging

3 Likes

I concur.
Maybe because GameDev is about games, which uses animations.
But on the other hand, I learned some stuff, besides GIMP.

Programmer art

Caging

Also thinking about buying a graphics tablet, but I’m already more than halfway through… and until the tablet arrives I’ll have made some further progress… so maybe I’ll just stick through with a mouse.

Sketching with a mouse is kind of a pain though… especially those damn curves!!!

Well, happy with my result.

With cage

Without

ChallengeCaging

This was really helpful! Here’s the cage and the sketch:

caged%20figure%20sketch
And then here’s the more refined figure – with ambient occlusion!

caged%20figure

1 Like

Wiesiek’ caging:
%C5%BCo%C5%82nierz

1 Like

woman in a hat

80-caging-warrior

BoxSeaTurtle

Privacy & Terms