Be the first to post for 'Building a Modular Wall'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

2 Likes

Wall sections

I started by drawing bricks and half-bricks along the left hand side, then duplicated that and flipped it horizontally. This gave me a seamless edge to serve as a template for both variants.

I think if I’d made these edges out of small bricks it’d be less obvious where it was repeating.

5 Likes

Jungle Dungeon Theme

Wall

7 Likes

hallway

3 Likes

9 Likes

I’d love to hear how you made that.

1 Like

Sure! I started with a real stone wall image at 512x512, scaled that down to 128x128, then tiled that 2x2 to get a 256x256 image. The repetition was fairly hard to see, and got harder to see with subsequent processing. For the base I blurred a small horizontal strip, used the clone tool to mush two layers of rock into larger blocks, then picked the colour of one of the larger seams and penciled in new seams. The floor is a solid grey with a clothify filter applied. The beam is a pine pattern with a transparent darker layer added. The “shadow” off the beam is built with a gradient with reduced alpha that covers the beam and extends to the right. The window was built from a copy of a few stones. That formed the sill, and rotating, scaling and flipping copies of the sill formed the uprights, I copied and pasted sill bits to get three larger stones in a row, and then used the distorts->curve bend filter to warp that into the top shape. The top got relined and cloned to get the seams going the right direction and to line up the corners with the wall courses. And layers, many many layers :wink:

3 Likes

1 Like

Nice and clean William very pretty and professional.

Thanks!

Dungeon Wall with Pillars Dungeon Wall
My two variations of a dungeon wall. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Blue Dungeon with Green Torches

12 Likes

Dunegon Wall

2 Likes

l58_ModularWall

I used a reference of a cellar wall for inspiration

6 Likes

6 Likes

Rough and ready.

2 Likes

I went for a more basic, minecrafty feel for this wall. Added a chain variation too.
Wall

1 Like

7 Likes

Dungeon Wall

I spent closer to a hour on this, but I had fun with it!

6 Likes

Privacy & Terms