Be the first to post for 'Blender Layout Overview'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Hi, I started this course in january, but breaked and now I continue. It was for me problem to post something. Today I go back in lessons and finish the challenges. My Layout:

Just started yesterday morning but this is one of my node workflows i call node happy.

Hi, so this is my layout… the window on the far right is the browser with this lesson running. The rest is one Blender window, which allows me to have two views open without sacrificing space or having to constantly move things around to see what I’m doing.

The hardest part is turning my head to see the view I want to focus on (3 screen setup, 5760x1080 surround resolution)

1 Like

Hello. Well I found it fine to have this layout, I can have de 3d View on the top left side, and I can have the four views of the scene ont the right top view and you can see I have the rendered view.

3 Likes

Hi, this was very good. Liked it

So i like to keep things simple for my beginer skills and i just added a new layout and renamed the default.001 to new project layout (dont forget to press enter when you change the name). Then i collapsed the timeline window used for animation.

Oh well, just noticed that layer exist under 3D full view…

1 Like

Hi! here I am, playing a bit with the layout :). I suppose that when we are more experienced, the we will be able to create our perfect layout to work comfortably and in an efficient way :wink:

1 Like

What might be helpful for beginners is how to recover from any misclick where you find yourself in screens you do not recognize and cannot get back to where you were. It is why I abandoned blender years ago. I wasted huge amounts of time trying to navigate back to where I had been. Perhaps some all round short cuts to get out of any screen and back to a. Starting screens or previous points. For vets its so very obvious but for those entering a new application it means staying and learning or abandoning if nobody offers the knowledge. Our industry tends to be Darwinian and take pride in making knowledge hard to get in some tech circles. This course is great however. Just a suggestion to help those lost by an unfortunate click to get back to where they were without a great deal of frustration.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I was playing with my workspace and then I chose this layout for me. I suppose that when I’m going to have more experience, I’ll desing my perfect workflow.

PD: I’m learning English still. so if I have an error, please, tell me. Bye

I’m sure that there are even more solutions to this exercise. I first used the function of creating the five areas in a window as in the default. Then I saw the easier way of choosing the “Default” layout to return to the default layout.

Hello! I just complete one of first tasks =) Layout in ‘LayoutMess.blend’ is

now look’s pretty good :smiling_imp:

OK got in here. So Hello!

Did the Layout messed up, converted it back to the default.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms