Be the first to post for 'Behaviour Tree Services'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

@sampattuzzi Just for a reference really as i have just completed this section and had no errors or issues with the chase behaviour saving.
(side note, Following everything okay although the information videos will probably take a couple of watches to sink in)

I think the behaviour saving was just me having two copies of Unreal open at the same time. Oops!

1 Like

@sampattuzzi I noticed in the lesson that there was peculiar behavior of the guard. This can be solved by adding decorators to both nodes in Suspicion to abort the action if the player is spotted.

Now it’s not so easy to escape :slight_smile:

This is probably fixed in later videos.

1 Like

Not sure how it worked for you, but if you clear the last known location if the enemy actor is not present in the blackboard then you effectively get rid of the AI’s “memory” and it will immediately forget your last known location as soon as it can’t perceive your player object. For me, this meant that once I was out of sight, the AI would never follow me.

Maybe you solve this in a later lecture.

Yes, just found that it’s fixed two lectures after this one!

Privacy & Terms